Monday, January 25, 2010

I am skilled at life - see below for proof


I found out a few weeks ago that I desperately needed new tires and an alignment on my car. Now some people might think, why did you wait so long when you know that you needed them and to them I would say that three weeks was a pretty quick resolution time in my book. When I know I need to part with large sums of money I need an adequate amount of time to adjust to this idea, plus I'm a huge procrastinator. So three weeks is pretty damn good. When I had my fill of procrastination I started calling around to see what type of deal I could get. I will say, that though I take my time to get things done, when I do start to do something I like to do it right (also I'm cheap and don't want to get taken). So having settled on a place that was willing to offer me a good deal I made an appointment. The guy I spoke with asked me if I knew how to find the place - being that it was near where I used to live and at a major intersection - I said yes. Clearly my over confidence should have been a sign, this was foreshadowing at it's best.


Come the day of my appointment I arrive in the area right on time (see how put together I am) I drive by a building with the name of tire place I am looking for - weird though the building looks dark and I don't see an entrance. Right next to this building I see a whole row of mechanic bays and another building with an entrance. Oh, I say this must be the actual office and that is just an out building. Though I do see the sign on the other building that says Firestone, I think that must just be there since they sell Firestone tires. Ok, I'm not a total idiot and I did think this was all kinda weird since I did not see the name of the original place anywhere but since I was immediately directed to a spot when I pulled in I figured I should go with it. Needless to say I realized about 10 minutes into the conversation that I was at the wrong place. They seemed to have no info about my appointment and everything said Firestone inside. But as they were giving me the same price I went with it. So bottom line, I got the repairs done and my car is running much better, also I am an idiot.





No comments: