Wednesday, March 3, 2010

...

I totally had another blog planned for today but at the gym this evening a much better alternative presented itself. I know the gym is the topic of probably too many of my entries but what can I say, it's consistent gold.


While in the locker room collecting my belongings after my workout I over heard this conversation. To the best of my abilities I have recounted it below.


Girl 1: sitting on bench in a bikini, "Oh my god all the girls at Mario's work are in love with him."

Girl 2: standing, drying off, wearing a fancy red bathing suit, "Um, yeah but I'm sure you are prettier than them"

Girl 1: "Yeah, of course but still. I'm way prettier than them, obviously."

Girl 2: "Hehe, you're so pretty. We are both prettier than most people."

Girl 1: "I'm so pretty, not right now but you've seen me with makeup so you know how pretty I can be."

Girl 2: "We are obviously the best our boyfriends are ever gonna get so I would not worry"

Girl 1: "Of course"

Girl 2: "You're pretty even now. We are prettier at the gym than most people are made up."

Girl 1: "Haha, I'm prettier than Karisa (not sure if that was the actual name), even when I'm trying to lose weight. I'm prettier than her even when she looks her best."

Girl 2: "We are prettier than her in the dark" (I think she got confused here and wanted to clear up that she did not think she looked better in the dark, so she rebounds with this) "I mean she is even ugly in the dark"

Girl 1: "Do you think Karisa is uglier in the dark or in the light?"

At this point I had to leave as someone can only get their clothes out of their locker so slowly and not attract attention. Though, I wanted to stay and listen to their thoughtful debate of which lighting made this person less attractive when compared with them. Rest assured that this conversation probably went on awhile after I left, I would put money on the following exchange taking place, "Your the prettiest" "No, you are!".

No comments: