Thursday, March 20, 2008

Who said the Easter Bunny's not real?

Easter is the one time of the year that I really miss being a kid. Most people might think Christmas (and I guess that would be second), but for me Easter really makes me want to be 8 again. In an attempt to bring back the joys of childhood Easters past, I will shamelessly be dying eggs and eating candy come Sunday. But we both know it will not be the same. Despite my religious upbringing, that is not the part of the Holiday I miss (shocking I know), what I miss are the Easter egg hunts. I've never really taken a poll on the level of enjoyment other people got out of their Easter egg hunts, so I could be vastly misrepresenting myself, but I like to think that I liked them more then most people. They were a big deal in my house (if only to my brother and me). When my parents tried to do away with them one year we protested. My mom even hid eggs in the Boston Commons one year of college...it's a long story.

I honestly can't say what it is that made me love them so much...I'm definitely not a competitive person, so it was not the desire to get more eggs then my brother. I think I just really liked finding stuff, even more so if that 'stuff' was candy and money.

So anyone down to hide a few eggs in my apartment this Sunday? I promise to enjoy it more then any adult should.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

hahah awww I remember when your mom did that. So cute.