Friday, March 14, 2008

Villa California

So they have been doing crazy mad renovations/improvements/inspections to my apartment building in the last month. I wish I could say it has made me want to stay there. I believe this was all brought on by the fact that the department of housing was doing inspections and undoubtedly our building did not fare well. So far they have:

- Sprayed all the apartments for cockroaches (which was VERY necessary since I believe they were on the verge of taking over the building)

- Did about 5 random inspections/maintenance visits to our apartment.

- Painted the hallways/courtyard areas/mailboxes/parking garage/pipes in the parking garage (random?) in addition to other things I'm probably not aware of.

Not that I don't appreciate them doing this work, but it has ended up being a pretty big pain (constantly having to park my car on the street, being woken early on the weekends so they can fix stuff, dealing with the LOUD construction sounds). And the building is still ghetto. The one thing I really wanted them to fix was the washer/driers - however that was a no go.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Why is standing also capitalized "S"?

- Neal

Whitty J said...

Dear Neal,

Thank you for your comment. I have taken your question into consideration and have concluded that I simply do not edit the things I write. Hence the occasional error will get in. I will be sure to be more diligent in the future.

Thanks for your concern.

Sincerely,

Jane