Monday, February 4, 2008

Mexican Serenade

I'm not usually one to judge other peoples sex lives; normally I say whatever you’re into is just fine. However when it is 2am, you live in the apartment next to me and what you are into is loud horrible Mexican romance music I'm gonna have something to say about it. Especially when this is not the first time. So it's Saturday night about 1:30am when I decide to go to sleep, I lay down and all of a sudden I hear it. FUCK. My crazy neighbors are playing that music again. This is about the 3rd time I have heard it (not all these times was I trying to sleep so I have a little tolerance for it). Now I guess I'm just assuming they are having sex since it's usually late at night when I hear it, it's turned up really loud and the music has a distinctively cheesy lovemaking quality. Not wanting to spoil the moment I think I will give them some time (I'm a considerate person). But after the 5th time hearing the same song (I guess that one is really sexy - too bad it is all in Spanish and I have no idea what they are saying) I decided it's either their sex lives or my sanity. So I bang on the wall (it's now almost 2am)...Nothing. Fucking Bitches. I wait a few seconds and hear that same song start up AGAIN. I bang louder. Finally they turn it down so that I barely hear it. I climb into bed feeling a little crazy...I'm pretty sure I had nightmares about being attacked by a group of Mexican musicians.


Also maybe I'm just not romantic but I don't understand wanting to listen to some super cheesy melodramatic music while having sex. I would not be able to keep a straight face.

No comments: