Thursday, July 8, 2010

Reasons why I don't belong in corporate america...

+ I'm not rich (or on the path to becoming so).

+ I'm more concerned about the trees you are killing with all the (useless) reports you are printing than the money they could make you (this is probably the reason I am not on the path to becoming wealthy).

+ I think there are more important things in the world than getting you airline miles for the flight I booked you. And I refuse indulge your concern over them.

+ I am a hippie

+ Cliche business phrases (behind the 8-ball, the ball is in your court, we really need to buckle down, lets think big picture) make me laugh...out loud.

+ Pretending to be nice to important people leads me to drink.

+ Making significantly less than people who don't know how to use a copy machines leads me to drink more.

+ I don't own stock. And I don't have a problem with that.


I don't want to entirely give the impression that all things that are inherent in corporate america are bad. They are just not for me. While I strive to have enough money to pay all my bills and have some for fun, money will never be a number one priority for me, other elements of a successful life are more what I measure myself by. So to each his own I suppose - I just need to keep working on that life plan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sis well spoken and I love you very much keep living and don't sell out!