Friday, February 12, 2010

Shit, I think I'm getting old

Though I don't plan to throw in the towel at 25, I have been noticing however, that I am not as young as I used to be. I first started to notice this slow decent to the grave in terms of the affect alcohol has on me, more specifically my recovery time after consumption of said alcohol. I am not now nor have I ever been a raging alcoholic (by any stretch of the imagination) but in my youth (aka college) I would have to put back a good amount to be in pain the next day. Now, however, that is not the case. Even after a tame night of a few drinks it is not uncommon for me to have a headache and feel the effects, in a way I would consider not in proportion to the amount I drank. I now consider this the first sign of my demise.

This week, having been busier than what I consider normal for myself, has brought attention to what I shall call the second sign that I am becoming old. I am burnt out. Now when I say this week has been busy I mean that I have had stuff to do at night - I have not had my normal do nothing every night routine. When I was young (again college) I ran around like crazy all day and yes I did get brunt out then too, however it was after a lot more hectic of days than what I have had this week. Apparently, you turn 25 and you start needing lots of sleep and also much more downtime. In short you become lame. Maybe this should not be so upsetting to me but in my (probably hysterical) mind it is a signal of the beginning of the end.

Don't be surprised if the next time you see me I am knitting vests for elderly cats with arthritis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where do we put our order in?