Thursday, February 12, 2009

bitching

Things I hate about going to the doctor (or dentist) in LA -

  1. It takes at least a month to get an appointment for a check up (if nothing is wrong with you). Depending on who your doctor is it can still take 3 weeks even if you tell them you may have a potentially deadly illness (ok, I'm exaggerating a little).
  2. They think it is a perfectly acceptable solution to just send you to a clinic when they can't fit you in. (to be fair I did call around and got an appointment next day but still!)
  3. If you are trying to go to a gynecologist there is often a 3 month wait for an exam. I can't say how long it would take to get an emergency gynecological appointment and I hope I never find out.
  4. If you need blood work or cultures done here they will send you to a lab facility, usually in a totally different location (and depending on what you are having done the lab will often send you home with a fun little do-it-yourself kit). I have been told this is not just an LA thing but I still don't understand it.
  5. They have very limited hours. My most recent experience with the medical system has proven this wrong somewhat, as the place I ended up going opened at 8am. My dentist however does not take appointments before 10am. The first doctor I went to here opened at 9am but the doctor did not show up till sometime after 9:30. It is also very difficult to get a morning appointment. They usually all close by 5pm.

Ok, I realize I am bitching but I think some of these things are legitimately annoying.

No comments: