Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Do you know where my assets are?

For all of you being kept up at night wondering if my assets (funny I know) were going to be seized due to a pending lawsuit, that was a result of the car accident I was in this spring, can sleep easy tonight. I received word the other day that the guy I rear ended (see story below) has decided to settle with my insurance company for a pretty awesome $8k. Which is ridiculous considering the man was not at all injured. Whatever; me and my assets are safe.


The Accident; for those who have not heard it already.

So May 1st 2007 I was driving on the 5, headed downtown, when the car in front of me stopped quickly. Now I'm not gonna say that I'm not at fault for this part, because I did hit his car. But I noticed in enough time to slow down significantly before the impact. So the damage done to the guys car was minimal at first. Then the stunning fellow behind me smashed into the back of my now not moving car and pushed me back into guy #1. Now my car is totally fucked and his is a little worse, but still ok. As a note he was driving a BMW suv. He did need a new bumper, but only for aesthetics really, as his car drove away after the accident just fine. Julio (my car) and guy #2's car were totalled. The joy of accidents followed; police reports, tow trucks, sad calls to insurance agents...blah, blah, blah.

So from all that guy #1 ended up asking for $11,000 for medical/pain and suffering. My insurance only covers $10,000; that's where the whole seizing my assets came into play. Which of course made me laugh because I own nothing I, nor anyone else, would consider an asset. Unless you count my gold fish or maybe my 7 year old computer. In the end all is right and peaches stays with me.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hahahahahahhaha


very funny
medical pain and suffering??

also:

aesthetics
ridiculous

Julio?? Why don't you tell me these important parts of your life!?!?!

Whitty J said...

yes. my cars name was Julio. I still miss him.

Other than the cars name what do I not tell you???